Set options for Workplace profile information
This article is only applicable to system admins.
You can set options that people in your Workplace have to choose from when they’re adding information to their own Workplace profile (or other people’s if they have permissions).
You can’t specify options for all profile fields, such as name, email address and employee ID. Profile fields where you can specify options for people to choose from include department, location and employee type.
Define options for people to choose from when they’re adding information to Workplace profiles
- Click Admin Panel in the left menu on Workplace.
- Click Settings.
- In the Profile fields tab, click Edit profile fields.
- Click to the right of the profile field where you want to specify options.
- If this is greyed out (), then it means you can’t specify options.
- Write options in the Add new values box, pressing enter after each value.
- Correctly added options will have a blue background.
- Click Save when you’ve defined your options.
- Click Done at the top of the page.
Note: If information for a profile field was already added before a list of options was put in place, then it won’t be overwritten. However, if someone tries to edit this information after the list of options has been put in place, then they must select one of the options.